Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

done planting beans
the other day i finished weeding a part of a garden outside the fenced gardens and planted it. with the recent heat and me really needing to take a break to let various body parts recover i decided...
2
2

Our first tomato
was picked green , and sliced , battered and fried for dinner . Accompanying the subject tomato was cubed potatoes with butter and parsley , fried okra -frozen, from last year's crop - and a nice...
11
11

eating wildflowers?
When I was surfing the Internet I came across a unusual topic about cooking. It was about preparing dishes with use of wild flowers from our gardens that many people think as weeds. Of course, not all...
2
2

Edible flowers?
Hi! How are you friends? Today, when I was cooking a dinner, I looked at my garden and I saw many beautiful flowers. I thought..what if I use them in my kitchen? Unfortunately, I haven't tried, but I...
5
5

Pumpkin Patch
I finally got the pumpkin patch tilled and seeded 15 hills with 10 varieties of pumpkins and winter squash.
4
4

Does your garlic fall over in the spring?
Hi All, Every spring my beautiful garlic plants fall over, like the wind has blown the over before they scape. This happen to you? -T
6
6

merit 75
What is the true shelf life of Merit. Manufacturer states 2 years.
1
1

Too Wet!
I was complaining that we weren't getting enough rain on the pastures, then we had about two weeks of almost steady rain. You might have seen the vide os of the terrible floods in Ellicott City,...
9
9

For songbird
  I saw your post where you said that bean seed looked weird , sprouted then dried , etc . I have had that seed for a year or two and had never even opened the envelope - I was surprised at the...
3
3

Did we lose George?
Haven't heard from George in a while. Did we lose him?
6
6

may get some plants in soon
perhaps that is why they call it May? :) songbird
24
24

Ping songbird
  Just a heads-up , the Mattie Beane bush beans I planted had a less-than-stellar germination rate . Looks like around 50-60% , so be prepared for bare spots - I have no idea how old the seed is ....
10
10

gradually getting there...
had a nice rain/thunder/lightning storm last night, made sure yesterday to have plenty of materials on-hand for projects i can do on a rainy day. it didn't rain today but was gloomy and threatening...
18
18

My first squash bug
Hi All, Wednesday, it was hot (~80F) and dry and lots of sunlight, so perfect for spraying my hordes of weeds with vinegar. I put six gallons down. Well, now, up from the depths of a weeds canopy...
7
7

Long Term Gardening
Last fall, we gathered several pails of black walnuts at a friend's farm. S he has several large trees, which produce more nuts than she can use. I pla nted 32 in the back row of the garden and eight...
8
8