Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Denver source for quality peach trees
That's it. Looking for suggestions for a Denver metro nursery that you've f ound to offer high quality, healthy stock. Don't really care about prices a s long as they have good stock. All I'm after is...
2
2

Growing strawberries vertically that winter well
I have been asked for thoughts on growing strawberries vertically to save space for our garden. Raised on a farm, I know how to do that in-ground, but have no idea how to do it vertically and still...
3
3

seed swap fun
this past weekend i finally became a more social critter and had some fun giving away beans. i had a lot of fun meeting new people and some i had corresponded with via e-mail or on-line. before i went...
2
2

Need squash variety to augment Delicata
We had a big harvest of Delicata squash this year. It's the only one I grow because it always tastes fabulous. But it's not a long term keeper and we usually have to toss some by year's end. Does...

Stevia Rebaundia seed storage
I'm learning that search engines are out to sell me stuff; not to help me find things... (rant over. for now) I'm trying to find out if Stevia seed can be stored, well dried and sealed, in the...
4
4

Cardboard as mulch and other Q's
  I was just wondering if using cardboard instead of (or in addition to) straw as mulch will help prevent stuff like squash borers from attacking the plants . I'm doing it this year for other reasons...
5
5

April 15th cometh
  And I'm not talking about tax time , that's the date of our usual last frost here . So today I dug out all the seeds , mounted the shelf in the window and hung the grow light on it , and ordered...
19
19

Deer Fences
Here's a site I found with some ideas on deer fences. About half-way through the article, they describe double fences and angled fences. Paul...

Winter Harvest
Hi All, Twice in a row now I have cuts stems of Rosemary for the kitchen, right in the dead of winter. Some snow on the ground too. Man that plant is DEFENSIVE! All you have to do is touch it and it...
26
26

finally some snow in the forecast
today starts off with some ice coating everything, the trees, rocks and ... all sparkling in the sun and wind. still no snow on the ground, but later this week we finally have some snow coming. i sure...
8
8

Microbial-Inoculant?
Any comments? * THE #1 ALL-NATURAL ORGANIC PROBIOTIC FOR YOUR PLANTS & SOIL is finally here to improve texture and drainage for soils, while promoting growth for your plants, flowers, trees, shrubs,...
1
1

all through the house...
it smells like cookies again. :) not that i need to eat any more... hope everyone has a great holiday and enjoys the time with themselves, friends, family, and even strangers. i guess the veggie...
10
10

mid-winter groupings
of beans. :) i've been out of containers i need to use to sort the past few weeks. finally got some more today. i hope i have enough or i will have to start taking extreme measures (consolidating or...

for songbird
These folks have over 80 varieties of heirloom beans. Interesting to look at even if you are not buying. Steve We have many varieties of Appalachian heirloom bean seed.
3
3

bean sorting
my favorite time of the year. :) this is a new bean i'm calling Lemon Slice... songbird http://www.anthive.com/img/beans/thm/pb170012_Lemon_Slice_thm.jpg