2009 garden photos

http://tomshomeplace.com/Janis-garden-2009.html We just have a small garden for the 2 of us, but it produces above average yields You will notice we use wheat straw for top mulch & there is a reason. We could not control white flies until Walter Reeves suggested the wheat straw. The straw is home to hundreds of spiders that eat every white fly before they have wings!!
For those of you that have never heard of Walter Reeves, he is retired from the University of Georgia Cooperative Extension Service. His website is extensive!! http://walterreeves.com /

I have the same results with alfalfa. When I wet it down, there is a mass exodus of spiders.
wrote:>> http://tomshomeplace.com/Janis-garden-2009.html

When I had bindweed problems, its only redeeming quality was the hundreds of spiders it housed. If I ever stepped in the middle of a patch I could expect at least a half a dozen spiders crawling up my leg! Now I no longer have bindweed, but I like to believe the spiders are living under my dead grass mulch. --S.

Nice job in creating something that is functional as well as very attractive! --S.