Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Garden Rotation
We're going to rotate two of the garden sections for next year. We currentl y have three sections to our vegetable garden, each 25 feet wide and 30 fee t long, all adjacent with a walkway between the...
6
6

Fertilizer question
Hi All, It is getting time for me to replant my garlic. I will probably be fertilizing the soil a week before hand with this guy unless you guys tell me otherwise: Would you just spread it on top, or...
5
5

Just some garden talk
Hi All, Well, since doing this for eight years or so, this is the first time I have feral tomato plants growing in my garden. I noticed after it got hot in August, they popped up. I presume they are...
16
16

Early Harvest
A couple of pictures from September 2. Some of the winter squash vines had died out already so we picked the fruit. The larger pumpkins are still growing but the smaller varieties are ripe. When we...
1
1

Timbering off a few acres
Heyall. Well the oaks are dying; seems like half of everything else too. Nobody's said as much but I was guessing emerald borer beetle. Being a woman I can't seem to let things go in a waft of shades...
4
4

Buttercup Squash
Songbird, Thanks for recommending buttercup squash last winter. I planted a few this spring and we just had the first one for dinner last night. Very good, the best squash we've had so far. It has a...
8
8

My cherry tomatoes finally started to come ripe
Yippee!! They taste so good your eyes roll in your head! Now to catch the TTD (Tomato Thieving Bunny). I am suspicious that she is in league with my wife. Maybe they one and the same? I gots lots of...
5
5

purple dove beans
we finally had enough to pick yesterday to cook up and try out. first of all these are a bush bean, upright habit, beans are fairly far off the ground (higher than most other bush beans i grow),...
3
3

Long Carrot Experiment
My wife got some seeds for a Japanese carrot which is supposed to grow two feet long "in the proper soil". So I spent the morning making the soil prop er in one of the garden rows. The area is about...
4
4

Planting lemon seeds
  Any special prep , or just bury 'em ? I know that it's not likely a seed will produce a tree with fruit identical to the fruit they come from ... but hay , ya never know , might get some decent...
15
15

First Goji Berry!
Hi All, My first Goji Berry with flowers of the season! -T Image Goji-Berry-And-Flower hosted in ImgBB
1
1

green pine cone question
Hi All, In my never ending quest to grow a Jeffery pine, I found a couple of green pine cones that the wind blew off a Jeffery pine tree. They had both started to turn brown in spots. Now I have tried...
4
4

Garlic harvest
My garlic harvest: How do I make them grow bigger next time? I know they get bigger as the bulbs I used for planting were twice this size. Many thanks, -T
26
26

Zucchetta squash?
Hi All, Supposedly Zucchetta are bug resistant. But they are climbing. What happens if you don't give them something to climb on? Many thanks, -T View picture of Climbing Zucchini,Tromboncino,...
1
1

green onion experiment
Hi All, My grand experiment. I have a small area about 6' long by 1-1/2 ' wide that I let garlic, shallots, and onions just grow without picking them. I do this just out of curiosity to see what they...
14
14