Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Urban Agriculture
As a brief introduction, my name is Yasmin Khan and I am currently in my fourth and final year studying towards a Masters in Product Design and Manufacture (MEng) at the University of Nottingham. I am...
2
2

cold frames up against south side garage
I've never actually had a cold frame. I did build a 50' long hoop greenhouse once, but haven't tried using a cold frame to extend the growing season. Our new house has a roughly 25' wide south facing...
3
3

Herbs and Deer
Are there Herbs that will deter Deer from the garden? MJ
8
8

Pawpaw lecture near Chicago
For anyone curious about Pawpaws, a native American fruit, there will be an interesting lecture at the Chicago Botanic Garden on Feb. 7 at 2 PM in Glencoe Illinois. Access is off of Eden's Highway at...

Study Links Monsanto GM Corn to Organ Failure
Study Links Monsanto GM Corn to Organ Failure A new study claims to have uncovered new health effects caused by genetically modified corn from the agricultural giant Monsanto. The International...
1
1

Shitake Yield Questions
This is related to my mushroom post of a few days ago. I'm growing shitake mushrooms in oak log segments which are roughly 18" in diameter and 9" high. This is about 1.3 cubic feet of wood. That's a...
4
4

Growing Peas
Over the past couple of years I've grown peas in a 1m square box but they never grow very high and I only get few pods on them. Is the container too small or is it something else?
4
4

Mushrooms Anyone?
Does anyone here grow mushrooms? It's sort of like gardening. I planted a bed of giant morels out near the vineyard last year and hope for a crop this spring. I also have a small pan in my basement...
7
7

Master Gardener
Is anyone out there a Master Gardener through their Department of Ag? I am planning to take the class and become one and was wondering if anyone has done this. Just looking for any insight. Thanks MJ
6
6

Planting Potatoes
I've been growing potatoes for many years and plant the usual way; I plant them in a row, below ground level, and hill two or three times during the growing season. The other night we were watching a...
18
18

Original Greenhouse Heating Question
Just to clarify the question, here's my original post to the home improvement group: We have a small greenhouse attached to the south side of our home. It's 14' X 12' with a shed roof tapering from...
4
4

Greenhouse heating question
In another newsgroup, there's a discussion about heating a greenhouse. Electric heaters were mentioned. Also kerosene, but comments were made about fumes and stickiness. Someone recommended a plain...
17
17

Grafted tomato plants
Well, I knew you could do it; heck, the Sunday paper in the spring always has ads for "THE AMAZING POMATO!!! PRODUCES TOMATOES AND POTATOES ON THE SAME PLANT!!!". I got my periodic E-bulletin from...
1
1

Burpee seeds
Wow brupee is really proud of thier seeds average about 5 bucks a package. Does anyone really pay that much?
5
5

GM crops & herbicide use
Latest news on GMO food, GMO crops, GMO labelling and genetically modified organisms Latest news on GMO food, GMO crops, GMO labelling and genetically modified organisms Latest news on GMO food, GMO...
4
4