Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Senshyu Yellow Onions sets
Hi All, Anyone know of an American supplier of Senshyu Yellow Onions sets (little round balls)? Every I find is in England. Many thanks, -T

Question about regular peas
This might be stupid and sound like a troll but it's not and a serious question. Many times in the past, we picked peas from a local farm. Would come home and "shell" them for the peas inside. The...
5
5

Japanese Beetles
Were eating my beans up pretty badly , but I'm somewhat controlling their numbers now . I sprayed the plants - blue lake pole beans - before they flowered with some fruit tree spray (checked with my...
7
7

First cherries!
Hi All, I took a real risk this year planing my cherry tomatoes a month early. Two freezes and they survives. I was very, very luck. 6 of my 10 peppers did not. Anyway, my foolishness paid off...
3
3

Carrot Transplants
My wife tried an experiment with carrots. She planted seeds in flats in the greenhouse, then transplanted them to the garden. The transplant seems to have made them go crazy; they have multiple roots,...
2
2

Moderator?
Is there a moderator or someone who has control of this group? I didn't mind the occasional spam posting for drugs, but this morning there were 13 posted. If anyone is in charge, please remove them....
11
11

bug eaten Napa Cabbage
We made 25 pounds of sauerkraut yesterday morning. We had to check the oute r layers of cabbage head leaves as there were frequently slugs under them; I think the slugs are the major cabbage predators...
4
4

ping Songbird: onion seeds
i'd let them go a bit longer, when those green pods start splitting open then you will see some black seeds. that is when i normally would cut off the flower head and put it in a box top to finish...
2
2

Eating rosemary?
I find wandering the suburb and testing what I see on my travels gives me a much better idea of what I want. When I see what I want my next trip is with a pair of secateurs and a door knock to take a...
6
6

cat skat
... if it isn't a veggie garden i'd not worry about it other than the smell. songbird
3
3

scapes question
Huh. This years scapez are very woody. Like a garlic flavored toothpick. Will they still cook up?
4
4

done with planting
other than a few bare spots i'll poke a few seeds into the gardens are all planted for the season. just in time for the strawberries to start coming in enough to keep me busy with those and watering....
2
2

No blooms on tomato plants
I live in the middle of NC. I started several types of tomatoes in the house and transplanted them to the garden around the middle of April. The Better Boys and Celeberties are looking good and have...
8
8

pine stump grinding
I am going to have two pine tree stumps ground up. They are from trees that fell over the last week. They are about 3 feet in diameter. That means a lot of ground up stuff to get rid of. I am getting...
2
2

PING songbird
A couple of years ago you sent me some seed beans , today I planted the black beans you sent . Do these need to be trellised or are they a bush bean ? I have materials on hand to build a trellis for...
4
4