Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tomato reviews
Heres a list of the tomatoes that I grew this year, how well they did and how well I liked them, 1) Sun Gold Cherry Hands down the best tomato I've ever tasted, it's practically candy. I took a...

Can you ID the peppers in this video?
I fallen in love with this and can ID everything but the peppers. If so what can I substitute ? Bill in Beautiful 72 F. blue sky who has to carry some water out for rescue missions as with Earl...
1
1

What variety of squirrel populates Berkeley, CA?
They all seem to look pretty much alike, orange/brown, bushy tales, don't know how else to describe them except that they are very common in Berkeley, CA. What exact variety of squirrel is this? One...
12
12

two articles
from the Scientific American special edition titled _The End_ p. 23 acid rain returns from nitrogen emissions coal fired power plants, cars and then farming listed. p. 72 bunker fuel (never heard of...
68
68

??? for Garlic Mavens in Re: Vernalization
The grocery store garlic did O.K. although, the bulbs are a bit small. After keeping it in the fridge at 35° (all temps are Fahrenheit) for a couple of months, I planted it in early December , which...
6
6

Best tomato year since the Reagan administration
This has been the best year that I've had for tomatoes since the 1980s, it's more than made up for last year's disaster. The most prolific plants have been the Sugar Snacks which have produced many...
17
17

Bordeaux/Burgundy spray
Does anyone know how long Bordeaux or Burgundy spray has to be on peaches to give protection? I made up the copper sulphate segment of the Burgundy spray yesterday, mixed the full recipe this morning...
4
4

concord grapes made it
mostly... i got enough of a crop to make jam. :) :) :) (long-winded follows of course :) ) it was a lot of very picky but pleasant work in the shade under the arbor as i had to go out each day and...

Ripe Cantaloupe !!
My first melon to ripen this year, kind of late. Smells good! Cheers

Fertilizer chemicals linked to animal developmental woes
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology is part of the university's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Note to editors: An abstract of the paper follows. "Intracellular Conversion...
1
1

Growing green beans
Does anybody know anything about growing green beans? We've always raised green beans every year but this year it's been so hot. They're blooming but the blossoms aren't setting. People have said that...
7
7

sweet Corn
Probably a silly question.nWhats the best way to tell when sweetcorn is ready to pick? Do I pull the greenery back?
2
2

tips on growing chilli
hi ive just brought some chilli seeds (naga) and was wondering if anyone had any tips on growing them thx in advance
7
7

Compost Heap
Up against our newly erected concrete garage which gets no sun as its north facing we have made a compost construction of some timbers which made the roof of our old brick garage.(which has been...
12
12

The most droolworthy melon
Which is the best melon that you have grown in terms of intensity and quality of flavour, and sweetness? We have to get down to specific cultivars and if possible the source of the seeds, just saying...
6
6