Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone have a greenhouse.
I'm just wondering if it makes sense. Because I have 5 months of snow. And I could seed in my house windows. Or my hydro units if I wanted to pay the electric. And I don't want to heat it. I've got...
5
5

Chilli plant without chillies
I have three chilli plants in a large pot. The plants have flowered twice but not produced any chillies. Can I do anything or should I give up and try again with a new plant?
20
20

OT: Merry Yule-tide Season
This holiday time year is supposed to be filled with happy people baking cookies, wrapping presents, and spending time with seldom seen relatives. Yesterday morning, one of my neighbors blew his...
11
11

Dec 24 here hope yours is bright
Big changes this year smorgasbord over my eldest not here in over 40 years. Eldest son calling a few times for particulars concerning the glogg. Everything falling into place as my daughter lives 3...
1
1

Season poem
The spirt says others not exist But if they do I must feel their pain Easier to blame and take another slice of the whole Easier to mock and demean Easier to turn up the heat But a reckoning for heath...

Merry Christmas .
And a Happy New Year. Diesel

garden
Boy, that sure makes me want to go to a spammer's blog, that can't even afford its own page... Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at Zone 5/4 in upstate New York, 1420' elevation. NY WO G
3
3

Books Ngram Viewer
Books Ngram Viewer is neat . or So in time how have books been impacted by "Organic,gardening,genetically" Make your own up. http://thurly.net/0h7a...

OT Blake Edwards
" I thought you said your dog does not bite. It is not my dog." Miss him and Sellers. Seems we just lost airplane guy Leslie Neilson a few days ago. Mr. Edwards was a master of screwball farces and...

Horse manure
Would like to hear any information on putting horse manure in vegetable gardens as opposed to commercial fertilizers. I would like to apply it now? thanks hlb
32
32

Raised beds - really raised
I've asked a similar question back a ways but I thought I'd ask again with a twist. The coming year we're looking at starting vegetable gardening, however the soil is all dense-pack clay. We're...
7
7

Carrot bed question.
I got the Johnies catalog. What a good catalog. And I see they sell burdock, Which I buy quite a bit of. Its difficult to find. Their growing suggestion is to grow them in deep carrot soil. Or a...
9
9

OT heads up- long
Herbal Legacy subscribers, it is time to take action! Last week the Senate passed a bill (S.510 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act) that massively increases the scope of what the FDA can do. Dr. Shiv...
20
20

Hallmark
I have boycotted Hallmark for most of my life but I just saw a commercial that made me think of all of you. She received a "snowflake" card from her gardening friend. So I say Merry Christmas and a...

Canned food.
Anyone besides me think canned beans and asparagus sucks.
36
36