Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Japanese Hand Garden Tools
Many which double as weapons. For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than search it for themselves.
3
3

Sowing "isabgol" (Plantago ovata)
Are there any books, websites or journals where one can find information on germinating/growing plants? In particular, I have Plantago ovata ("isabgol") seeds but haven't been able to find much...
7
7

OT Mysterious Bee Die-Offs REDUX for Phorbin/Wilson
Since you both expressed a concern on this subject,.. find "alarming" decline in bumblebees By Maggie Fox, Health and Science Editor WASHINGTON | Mon Jan 3, 2011 3:36pm EST Genetic tests show that the...
10
10

Digging Hand tools
I have three different types. The wide mouth shovel was designed for moving soil oil sand etc to another place. It can dig holes. But my main tool for digging is the spade one called an irish spade as...

Best online source for seeds?
I don't get any seed catalogs, since I usually get them locally. But, how would be a good source for seeds online? Thanks Martin
13
13

Tomato Wilt
If it comes from bacteria in the soil how do you get it out? I have 2 raised beds 4 feet by 32 feet, have always rotated plants and have had four years of no tomatoes. I am determined to fix this, and...
3
3

Goat manure?
Anybody use goat poo in their garden? Tips or suggestions appreciated. Steve
4
4

Blight Resistant Tomatoes
I just got my catalogue from Johnny's and they are touting a tomato with high resistance to late blight and intermediate resistance to early blight. After last year this seems like something I must...
7
7

grafted tomatoes
Just got the Territorial seed catalog. They are offering grafted tomato plants! Supposedly the more vigorous rootstock "enables more effective uptake of water and nutrients, and increases plants'...
5
5

Cider apple crusher pictures
Billy, Charlie et al Have finished making the apple pulper and it works fine. An old $10 waste disposal unit, taken apart and cleaned up and then reassembled. Now in its own collapsable stand. It can...
1
1

New post about hand tools.
Hi, and Happy New Year. I want to start a post about hand tools. Because I don't have ANY.. I'm feeling pretty good about last years endeavor. I'm really want to get going. There's so many hoes and ,...
7
7

No-till
Jeff Moyer -- Championing organic no-till Preserving the health in the soil while eliminating weeds. Jeff Moyer has been farm manager/director at the Rodale Institute for more than 28 years, has...
12
12

Down Under getting a new meaning Note the scale
I Come From A Land Down Under 3:46 Men At Work
3
3

Ping David Hare-Scott
David I remembered the name of the chap who died and who had headed the National Farmer's Federation. It was Rick Farley and it was Landcare that he fought for and got established. I was in the...
1
1

Seeds
Is there really a difference between Wal Mart seeds and seen company seeds? MJ
5
5