Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Root cellar
Does anyone root cellar. Is the concept of a root cellar to keep veggies cold and in high humidity. ?? How are you supposed to keep high humidity in the winter?
3
3

Grape vines.
I've got purple and green grape vines that are about 30-50 years old. About 8 vines on a trellis about 12 feet wide 5 foot tall. They are an eyesore. The trellis is shot. It is located about 10 feet...

Soil sample taken .
Hi, I got a Accugrow test kit and a D hoe from Johnnies today. I just had to go dig a hole. So I went out and dug a hole in the snow and soil to get a sample. And did a test. This is what I came up...
17
17

A big win for healthy local food
Today this was a section called "Second Opinion" in the Winston-Salem Journal" (Winston Salem, NC). I don't know how new this news is but I don't remember seeing anything about it....

Round-up season is almost here.
Roundup Red Alert! What You Need to Know About the Pesticide Poised to "Push Us All Off of the Cliff" The USDA just approved another GMO crop dependent on dousings of the pesticide Roundup. Here's...
3
3

garage door repair
Can I plant an edible garden where a preseved wood deck has been located?
4
4

Started seeds today
I went out to the greenhouse today and got busy starting some seeds. I planted 3 kinds of onions, shallots, kohlrobi, 2 kinds of turnips, cabbage, broccoli, beets and swiss chard. I decided to go...
15
15

Cuttings from Raspberries
I have two raspberry bushes in my back garden that grew from 99p cheapies from a Tesco sale. This was two years ago, first year didn't get much but second year they produced really well. Trouble is...
4
4

WoodBlocX
I have just ordered some woodblocx from The customer support was great and they sent me out a sample box before I made the purchase. I am a wee bit worried about the constructio methods though does...
4
4

Oil of cloves on pepper plants?
Hi, I'm looking for a safe insecticide to use on bell and chilli pepper plants to control blackfly. I was wondering about using diluted oil of cloves but I'm not sure if it would taint the taste of...
3
3

Sell-out?
OK, I'm not sure about this, but I'm giving you a heads up. The Organic Elite Surrenders to Monsanto: What Now? By Ronnie Cummins Organic Consumers Association, Jan 27, 2011 Straight to the Source...
6
6

Raised beds.
If I set a raised bed on a weed infested area. Say 2 foot dep. . Will the weeds come through ,or will they die.
5
5

Pepper Plants
How many plants do all of you start? MJ
5
5

clipping
I planted my pepper seeds last night. Set up some lamps. The seed man suggests that you snip off the early leaves. I never did that and not sure if I should. I got peppers from Ghost to Jalapeno. I...
2
2

Snipping