Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How to get more blueberry's and grapes??
The blueberry plant doesn't seem to have as much fruit this year, does it need feeding etc any suggestions please? My grape vine came into flower, but the fruits seem to have dissapeared, here is a...
3
3

Squash Dead/Dieing
Hello again, i have another problem... i have 6 squash plants in my greenhouse which germinated about 10 days ago, this morning they looked nice and healthy but when i got back just now they look like...
2
2

Saturn Peaches
Hello all, the man of the household bought some Saturn peaches last week. I saved one pit. How do i go about getting it to germinate and grow on a balcony. What are the chances it'll grow into a...
2
2

Harvested first tomato- blah!
Mine are normally rally bad too, no different this time round!
2
2

Ohio food status
I talked to a Commercial farmer today at the green house. And he said he doesn't see a food shortage crisis. But food prices are definitely going up. As soon as the demand starts at harvest time. Its...
7
7

lettuce success.
I want to thank you all for last years comments. My lettuce is off the hook. And I've ate most of it and none has bolted yet. But it could at any second. And its in a crappy patchy area that seems to...
7
7

It's Summer, Y'all
e is known as the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere contrary ts date varies from °, C); afternoon high A beautiful, humid day in the north, too! Happy Summer!
2
2

cutting onion (etc) tops?
1. We have some (red) onions growing. I've read ( that cutting the greens produces bigger bulbs. (They have a fairly elaborate protocol for this.) Is this a universal belief? I'd have thought that...
2
2

OT English System vs Imperial System of Measure
I have traveled to Canada on occasion. Canada uses the Imperial Gallon as 4.5 liters. Where the US Gallon is 3.7 liters for gasoline containers. So can I assume we both learned something here? You now...
33
33

Garden visitor
Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me pat him on the head. I didn't think to take a picture.
30
30

Indoor Planter Survey
Hi, I'm a student completing a major design project and i need your opinions on planters. The survey is only 5 questions thanks. 1. Would you be interested in having some form of plants and planters...
5
5

tomatoes not flowering
hello this is my first posting on here and i hope somebody can help. my tomoatoes in the greenhouse are still not flowering although some are about 15 inches high. i'm concerned i planted them out too...
21
21

How to bore for water or find natural spring
I have no access to running water in my plot Is there a way of boring into the ground or storing water that can be used for irrigation ? Thanks Fozzy
3
3

potato peels
for the curious of what happens to potato peels when you stick them in some damp earth for a few months with plenty of other rotting veggies, fruits and worms... songbird
1
1

?? Companion Planting
what do you mean by companion planting? i have garlic growing in the middle of the alfalfa/trefoil patch and it looks to be doing just fine. i don't have a control patch in the same soil nearby so i...
13
13