Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Thinning carrot question
Hi all... My carrot bed is looking good, the leaves are from 3-6 inches high, some higher. Question: with the more mature plants, the ones 4-7 inches high, is it too late to transplant to thin out the...
1
1

Tomato problem.
I'm wondering if anyone can take a shot at this. So I can figure what to do. My friend has a tomato problem. It looks like its the second year and its starting again. He told me. Last year his plants...
7
7

Miracle gro
Hi, is this ok to use on vegetable plants, sorry to be thick but Im learning!
39
39

what to plant in early July? (Ohio) after harvesting cabbage
I am just finishing harvesting about 20 cabbages that were growing in a double wide row along the south side of the house. They did very well, and now I have my freezer stocked up with cabbage to use...
3
3

I have the same problem
I have two zucchini plants. One already has 3 or 4 zucchinis that about 4 inches long. The second plant has nothing but flowers!

Blackberry tree?
I know you're going to say it is a mulberry-- but my wife is quite sure it isn't. She saw it today at a patient's house. [she's a traveling nurse]. She says the top branches were way too high for her...
11
11

2 ?? of Garlic Growers
1. If you interplant other veggies among your garlic, what are they? 2. How closely may companion crops be planted? Put another way, how sensitive is garlic to crowding? I'm awaiting an order of...
3
3

Starting a new veg plot.
Hi, I'm just starting a veg patch which is about 5m square in the corner of the garden, but I'm not sure what to do with the turf I've cut. Shall I skip it or rotavate it into the area I've taken it...
16
16

Ping David H-S
David what did you finally decide to do with regard to planting times for your garlic? I'm shortly going to plant the break up the knobs and plant out the cloves whihc I've got from an organic grower.
2
2

How to get more blueberry's and grapes??
The blueberry plant doesn't seem to have as much fruit this year, does it need feeding etc any suggestions please? My grape vine came into flower, but the fruits seem to have dissapeared, here is a...
3
3

Squash Dead/Dieing
Hello again, i have another problem... i have 6 squash plants in my greenhouse which germinated about 10 days ago, this morning they looked nice and healthy but when i got back just now they look like...
2
2

Saturn Peaches
Hello all, the man of the household bought some Saturn peaches last week. I saved one pit. How do i go about getting it to germinate and grow on a balcony. What are the chances it'll grow into a...
2
2

Harvested first tomato- blah!
Mine are normally rally bad too, no different this time round!
2
2

Ohio food status
I talked to a Commercial farmer today at the green house. And he said he doesn't see a food shortage crisis. But food prices are definitely going up. As soon as the demand starts at harvest time. Its...
7
7

lettuce success.
I want to thank you all for last years comments. My lettuce is off the hook. And I've ate most of it and none has bolted yet. But it could at any second. And its in a crappy patchy area that seems to...
7
7