Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Automatic weeder? Your thoughts?
Touch button operation - no programming required | Solar powered & weatherproof | Gentle with plants & fierce on weeds | Proven to be as effective as hand weeding | Runs about an hour throughout the...
8
8

Do not fertilize elderberry for the first year so as not to damage roots
I am a homeowner without botany experience or knowledge. I try to use logical "common sense" when/if/where I can be sensible. I want to grow more elderberries (I have one adult elderberry bush only)....
3
3

Ping Songbird: Green been planting question
Hi Songbird, I got my green bean seeds in the mail few weeks ago. They sent millions of them. How do you plant your seeds? How far apart? Do you expect the prune them out? Yada, Yada, Yada. Many...
9
9

No till organic
What's the magic trick to dealing with weeds if you want to garden 'organically' _and_ are trying to go 'no-till' ? That is, without spending all your time manually pulling them? And with limited...
15
15

Another one bites the dust .
Or "Let there be light !" Having determined that too much shade has been part of my poor garden performance , I have embarked on a project to change that . Today 3 small white oaks and one largish...
2
2

cold now, thinking ahead for spring plantings
with plenty of snow and cold this past week i think today was the fourth day in a row we had to shovel and the most snowfall in a single event (about 8 inches or about 15cm). this morning i got out...
13
13

Impatiens Lighting question
OK, probably not edible, but: I'm starting some impatiens from seed, the new disease-resistant "Imara SDR" and online instructions say they don't like too much light, though do need light to...
2
2

garlic wild
got lots of wild garlic yellow flowers taste like spicy brocoli seeds are about a mm long and green can the green seeds be used to make yellow garlic paste?
1
1

small spiders
i posted a few pictures on my web page about the small spiders i use for bug control in the worm buckets. :) some people hate spiders and react badly to pictures so if you are one of those people,...

Canning lids
Thanks. We do a lot of re-purposing ourselves. Just like fresh new ones when we pressure cook or give gifts.
3
3

How to inspire confidence!
Hi All, I had a start when I saw this! "Note: While screened through a 1/4 inch mesh, this green waste compost may still contain small amounts of non-organic foreign objects (glass, metal, plastic,...
13
13

bulk bean pics
yesterday was a good day for taking a few pictures of the bulk beans and getting the pictures edited and posted to the website. :) this one shows the difference in color between the Purple Dove beans...
14
14

cucumbers are still out there
under the lilac tree where i tossed them two or three months ago. only a few of them show any signs of rotting, the rest look just like they did when i threw them there. i thought various creatures...

garlic question
My wife planted garlic in pots on the deck in early spring and got some nice cloves of garlic. Now for some reason she planted more about a month or so ago. It is up and growing but freeze is expected...
14
14

Rooting tops of blackberry/raspberry plants before they go dormant
Will that work? I've got a nice grow light setup, 12 of those panels with red and blue LEDs. I've got Dip 'n Grow. Anyone else here grow berries? Thanks. --Bryan