?

still shelling soybeans, will be at it for a few weeks yet.

not too much else going on. reading about soil science, have a book about nematodes to pore through eventually.

good winter stuff to keep me busy and out of trouble.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

??!

Reply to
phorbin

So many questions so few answers.

Reply to
Bloke Down The Pub

My condolences.

Reply to
Billy

it's raining cats and dogs today. not quite hard winter here yet. could be snow. if it were then i'd be out shoveling instead of in here shoveling alphabet soup (words :) ).

songbird

Reply to
songbird

it was in the 50sF today, rainy, some sun, heavy clouds and high winds, the house doesn't usually shake until it gets up into the high 30s-mph snow flurries predicted for tonight.

chop chop!

yay!

speaking of garlic, i finally talked to the nice lady who gave me one of the garlic varieties i have growing here. she said it was from her uncle and she's had it for a long long time (i still haven't gotten to where long long is quantified, but i'd guess we're talking 60-80 years at least) good to know, but this line of inquiry goes no further. i'm pretty sure her father and her uncle are long gone.

can't just plant them in the margins some place? :) not much bothers them. ;)

freeboard?

that's what it's all about! none of this hokey pokey stuff...

what type of turnips do you grow?

what are they like?

what do you use them for?

do you eat turnip greens?

etc. :)

i just picked up some packages of cucumber seeds and there are other packages of turnip seeds in there that i can pick up for not much. they look small, globe shaped with some red on top like a radish.

i'm sure there are others "out there" but if they read usenet is a whole different thing.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

!
Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

it has been in the mid-40sF daytime here the past few days. got out and wandered around the gardens to see how the plants are faring. most doing ok. then went for a 4mi hike. if it stays like this for another day or two i might get out and weed some of the strawberries. :)

ah.

ok, thanks, sounds all pretty normal to me. do you peel them first?

i understand. a lot of people recommend other webforums to me, but most of them are too slow over dialup even if i don't download pictures. you'd think that in the age of technology a site would know if you could handle a lot of gunk and only ship the text if the connection gags after a few moments...

songbird

Reply to
songbird