Zinc or galvanised nuts and bolts/washers

I hope I am posting this to the right group.
I have a sump guard under my car which protects it but the screws that hold it had corroded so I drilled them out and want to replace with nuts and bolts washers. As the underside of the car comes into contact with alot of wetness what kind of nut\\bolt washer would be recommended ?
I went into B&Q and saw zine and galvanized nuts/bolts/washers but couldn't get anyone to speak to me to see if they were a suitable product for me.
Be glad of some advise.
GreasyFingers wrote:

Stainless steel will last the longest but cost the most.
--
Sue

Tll it dies or I do :)

you want to really go for it, especially if they were to be visible, which I presume they're not, for a sump guard.
Steve
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 22:02:57 -0000, "GreasyFingers"

Whatever you use I'd advise a grease coat when putting them on. If you can get hold of it use silicone grease. Bit more expensive but from experience it does a better job long term of protecting against seizure of screw threads.

I agree with that one ..stainless screw threads and stainless nuts have a habit of becoming "threadbound" or seized so a little silicon grease is well worth it.
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:26:27 GMT, "biggirlsblouse"

but I found out years ago it would stand up to just about anything including use on exhaust fittings.
Just checked Dow Corning and it is sold as DC4 silicone grease now. Shows how long it is since I bought any.