Yale night latch

Hi there

My yale nightlatch lock jammed in the upside down position and wouldnt move (the keyhole I mean)

I bought a new cylinder and cut the bar too short.

Its a YALE b-1109-sc type

My old one was a brass one and the bar was removeable but i cannot work out how to remove the bar from the new one so that i can use the old bar.

Is it possible of is it fixed?

I asked yale but got no replies. Poor customer service.

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Harry Syme

There is usually a circlip around the back of the body - remove that and the bar should come out.

Having said that they're only about £8 so why not just buy another?

Reply to
Woody

that would get me 2 pints and a wee dram!

Reply to
Harry Syme

Good man!!!! It is most important to get things in the correct order.

Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder