Wrong decking stain applied but how can I remedy?

I bought some Cuprinol One Coat Timbercare for my fencing which I painted. Then, without reading the tin, I applied to the decking floor. Then I read the tin and realised it was the wrong product. I called Cuprinol who said I needed to remove it and use the right product but this is daunting and wondered if anyone has done this and applied the right decking product on the top and how it turned out?

I have asked on another forum and am being told to get this wrong stuff up before applying the right stuff. I have only covered about half of a small decked area so 35/40 square feet and wonder if you guys had any other thoughts?

Reply to
Ken

Cellulose thinners dissolves most things. £10.50 per 5 litres from motor factors. Very good for cleaning paintbrushes, particularly if they've gone hard. Very inflammable.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham