worrying - if true

A pal of mine who works for a skip hire company was telling me about the high cost for builders wanting to get rid of old plasterboard. I suggested this could lead to yet more fly tipping but, apparently, some builders are getting rid of it by putting it into the cavity of walls. Does this seem likely ?

Phian

Reply to
Phian

If it saves them money then unscrupulous builders may do anything to save money ... I heard that whilst they were building the Titanic and other ships they'd weld workers inside bulk heads just to save money on the wages !!!

Reply to
Ash

That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Reply to
Harry Stottle

Out in the open now - not likely to catch on !

Franko

I'm somewhat surprised they put it in writing, but that's the kind of reason I wouldn't buy a Barratt home (similarly with many other new house builders).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The document wasn't meant to become public knowledge but was leaked. Some house builders (mainly the ones that build on a smaller scale) still have a bit of pride left, unfortunately money & profit are what it's all about nowadays, especially with Barratt and the other big ones. With their business methods and the way they take the public for fools make me agree with Andrew wholeheartedly.

Franko.

Reply to
Franko

Thank goodness I had my building work done by my Brother-in-Law's company. It is a small outfit, he wouldn't want to upset me and his men wouldn't cross him so a good job well done.

Phian

Reply to
Phian

... or a good idea for Public Servants claiming expenses for watching Adult Films !!!!

Reply to
Ash

The other convenient space to leave crap in is between floorboards & the ceiling below. Usually flammable materials like wood-shavings, the tongues split off lifted floorboards, oily rags etc and usually right next to the ceiling-rose connection with the loose wire....

Duncan

Reply to
Duncan