Worktop Edging?

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help!

We have a worktop that has been fitted as a breakfast bar seperating the kitchen and the dining area. It seems to be a normal worktop, ie rounded at one side and cut square on the other. The edging on the long side has, over time started to peel off. I have replaced this once myself using the glue on wood strip (on a roll) from B&Q. I found this horrendous to apply. It was Ok to actually get glued down with the evo-stick but a mare to shave the edge of it down to match the thickness of the actual worktop.

So, to my question, is there an alternative out there. I was maybe looking for a longer version of the worktop edging that you use at the end of a worktop (maybe by a cooker etc). You generally get this in silver,brass, wood effect metal. Is there a longer version of this at all. Or, can anyone offer any alternatives. Looking at 2.5 m ish

Steve

Reply to
Steve