Worcester Bosch 230 Combi RSF Boiler; Water Pressure Problem

I live in a hard water area, and use a Liff water conditioner to stop it furring up. So far I think its worked! I also use de-scaler in the radiators to prevent blockage.
I have a strange problem that I think is to do with a pressure switch. When I want to use the hot water upstairs its fine, it come on immediately and piping hot. However when I want to use the water downstairs in the kitchen (at the same level as the boiler) it won't fire up. I remember that was intermittent last year and has slowly got worse. I have the Installation & Service Instructions to hand (grabbed them out of the bin from the installer) The Combi Boiler is about 10 Years old.
I think it may have something to do with water back pressure or water pressure sensor.
Thanks in advance
David
What's the flow rate like from the ground floor tap? Is it possible you have a problem with the tap or its connections, leading to a low flow rate from it?
Peter

Thank you Peter Gray for that response.
I dis-assembled the turn-tap on the downstairs kitchen sink.
I found that some sediment had built up on the pronged plastic filter mechanism of the tap assembly.
An application of a small flat bladed screwdriver, light force and ignorance sorted out that problem.
No I have full flow and an Autostart Combi-Boiler (and a much happier girlfriend, now the dished are done more regularly)
Dave