Wooden curtain rings stick on wooden rail - what can I do?

Hello there,
I have a lovely set of curtains and a wooden rail which came with wooden rings. They stick constantly when I try to open them, is there anything I can about that?
The only thing I can think of is perhaps rubbing it with some almond oil or something, but I don't know if that's a good idea.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Paul.

wd40

A squirt of furniture polish.
Rob Graham
"Paul Pollock" wrote:

Either rub the rails with a candle or apply silicone furniture polish.
On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 17:11:08 GMT, "Paul Pollock"

Rub a candle along the top of the track.

Furniture polish! clean the pole and rings first and then give them a good polish - works for us.
On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 07:03:46 GMT, ~Brian~ wrote:

Yep even spray-on Pledge or similar (sprayed on a cloth NOT the wall!! ) then rubbed on the rod worked and saved me taking the whole thing to bits.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

Excellent suggestions. Thanks :)