wood chip paper removal

Been trying today to remove wood chip paper that has been applied to plasterboard partition wall .It had also been hung on top of another paper and painted.I tried using hot air gun,which did blister the paint,and a steam paper remover but still found it almost impossible to remove the papers.To be truthful ,I gave up. Can anyone suggest a way that I can remove these papers without causing damage to the plasterboard,please

=======================This is pretty good: http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID 604&Referrer=GoogleStore
You should be able to buy the same or similar in your local DIY or decorating shop.
Cic.

Use water with a paste mix. Helps the water cling to the paper rather than just dripping down the wall. Leave for 10 minutes then scrape. I assume the plasterboard has been skimmed.
Peter

scored first using a tool as suggested by cicero.I dont know if plasterboard has been skimmed.it is in a house that my g/son moved into recently.
I've just stripped a room in my new house.
Try taking to it with a scraper before you do anything. Knock off lots of those evil woodchips. It will make a mess, but you'll be left with lots of little holes with exposed paper behind them. This worked better than trying to score for me.
Then use a steamer as normal - the holes you've made will allow the steam to get in and behind the paper.
Who invented woodchip paper anyway?! Damn stuff...

I've found wetting it slightly first and allowing that to soak through can help, and then the steamer boils the moisture which has soaked through, blowing the paper off the wall in hole sheets. I haven't tried this on plasterboard -- in theory the board should have been sealed or plastered before papering, but if it wasn't, you might end up stripping the plasterboard surface paper too, which is part of the board's structural integrity. I would also avoid scoring the paper if possible (i.e. try without first), as the scoring will mean it comes off in lots of small pieces rather than just peeling a whole strip off, and it can damage the surface underneath.
--
Andrew Gabriel