Wiring Question

I have an exterior light (installed by the previous owner) currently wired into a fused spur from the lighting circuit. The switch was located inside a built-in wardrobe/cupboard but has now become exposed during room renovation. At the same time, installation of a new combi boiler has resulted in removal of hot water cylinder from said cupboard. I now have conveniently placed junction box which did feed the immersion heater (now redundant), the question is, can I wire the exterior light into this instead? This would be more convenient as the switch is located downstairs in the kitchen. The immersion was previously wired off it's own supply from the fuse box.

Can't see a problem provided you make sure you've changed the junction box to a fused spare with a 5amp rating.
Ash
Ash wrote:

Andy

Oh shucks ....yes sorry ... I meant to type spur but me fingers just ran away .... <8-(

Yes. But you will need to change the old immersion switch in the kitchen to a fused spur with a 3 or 5 amp fuse in it.
Adam