Wiring help needed

Removed old ceiling rose, a triple affair with three spotlights the bulbs of which didn't last a week!
Replace it with round type ceiling fixture, no problems all done. Not sure now how to wire it back in. Two red cables twisted together, two black cables twisted together, one black and one red cable also there.
New fitting - cable brown in L, Blue in N.
Where do the cables go? L - two holes, Loop in 3 holes, N - 2 holes.
Help!
Thanks in advance.
Sorry N - 3 holes.
Hi Arch You seem to have the DIY 3 plate quandry.
If your luck is in you need to check the wiring you have at the rose.
You should have 3 twin and earth pvc sheated (or god forbid rubber) cables each with a red black and bare copper earth wire.
IF this is the case check if the tisted reds and twisted blacks go to the same cable . If this is so the spare red and black wires should go to the third cable.
Only if this is the case AND all other lights on the same circuit are working , can you try the following.
First turn of the power connect the 2 twised blacks to the 2pin BLUE connector of the rose. Connect the 2 red twisted wires and the single red wire together in the centre 3 pin connector. Finally connect the single black wire to the BROWN 2 pin connector. Make sure the dropper flex is connected Brown to brown --Blue to blue. Put power back on and test.
With this method the worst that can happen is that another light in the house will come on dimmly when you turn on this light.
Any probs. repost
HTH
CJ
The ceiling rose sounds like a junction box as used in bathrooms and sometimes in kitchens. I recall changing the bathroom rose starting at 10:00 am'ish and ringing my Dad around 3:00 pm to assist then he went for his Readers Digest DIY manual around 7:00 pm, after many fuses, before we finally worked it out by torchlight and sorted it out!
In this case all the red and all the blacks wires do not go together - see the link below:-
http://www.diy-guides.co.uk/indoor-lighting.htm?ArdSI *2f396967c7706d5d172ac64e0a16e0
If in doubt seek a better diagram off the Internet or take a look at a B&Q or DIY store pamphlet etc... Always take care with electricity. :-)
Good Luck Ron.

Thanks for responses people. In the end I asked an electrician up the pub to sort it out - I now owe him loads of beers!
On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 22:48:17 GMT, "archierob"

Smile when you buy them and be generous.
He is rare and should be loved and cherished like family!