Wiring a Kitchen Ring Revisited

Acouple of weeks back I asked for advice on the best way to wire a kitchen to enclude sockets for washing machines etc. Today I installed a basic ring plus plenty of sockets and ran it back to the consumer unit which had a spare 32 Amp breaker protected by a rcd.It kept tripping as soon as a test bulb was plugged into a socket.I rechecked every socket etc but can find no reason for it. (all new wire and new sockets). The breaker didnt trip only the rcd..In desperation I rewired for only one socket on a straight radial wire about 10ft long if that, and that tripped. Itried swapping breakers no good. In the end I moved the breaker to the unprotected side of the rcd and every thing works perfectly. Really frustrating as I can not imagine what fault or condition could have caused that. Any ideas please as I would like protection of the rcd.

TIA

Reply to
Capt T

Have a look here

fads

It sounds like you have connected the neutrals to the non rcd busbar in the CU.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Thanks for reply I think you are right...funny how you dont see whats in front of you.

Reply to
Capt T