Wind Turbines

Page 2 of 2

"wind nut" wrote: My household consumption is 8kWh per day, so I'm saving 1.67kWh of that per day on average over the year. This translates to a saving of 20% on my bill, on my site, with my wind conditions. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Does that take into account capital cost and replacement? My understanding of the B & Q Windsave is that it takes about 10 years to recover the initial cost but the lifespan of the unit is said to be 10 years. If that is true, then the savings are nil.

1kw it would produce 24kwh of energy. Since the best was 6kwh in a day then it's only managing 25% of it's ideal maximum output even on a windy day.
--
Chris Green

snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote:

Oops, remove that apostrophe! :-)

--
Chris Green

Thanks Sue and Chris for the explanation. I have a better grasp of the ratio now.
Gio