White paint for resisting yellowing

What is the best white paint for woodwork for resisting yellowing? I used to use B&Q Everwhite, but it has been discontinued.
Cheers
On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 13:47:11 +0100, Dennis Becker

Painter doing the refurbishment at a place I was working used aluminium paint over the wood primer before applying the white finishing coat. He reckoned it kept the white brighter for longer. Haven't tried it myself though
Alang wrote:

I've only once suffered significant yellowing, and that was with a DIY shed "own brand". Bought Dulux ever since and had no problems. In some cases the paint hasn't been redone for over 10 years.
Andy
Dennis Becker wrote:

As I've always understood it, water-based (quick drying) paint suffers far less from yellowing than oil-based paints, due to the latter having resins in it that yellow when exposed to sunlight. Water-based paints obviously don't have these and therefore suffer yellowing far less.
The only disadvantage to using water-based gloss paint is that since it is quick drying you're more prone to get brush marks left in the finish. I tend to use water-based satins and matt finishes for that reason.
Anyone know how to get around the brush mark problem with gloss water-based paints?
Tony.
Tony Carnell wrote:

Dont know the answer to this question - but thanks for the advice guys!