Which boiler dilemma?

Which boiler should I go for?
Baxi Megaflo System Boiler 24 HE or Alpha CD24S Condensing System Boiler.
The Alpha is quite expensive compared to the Baxi and I was all set to go for it. However Screwfix are doing a deal on the Baxi with 200 in vouchers. Can the Baxi be so awful it needs such promotion?
Any views?
mark

My favourite expert told me that when it comes to replacement, Worcester is the best choice. Better build quality and reliability.
Phian
"Mark" wrote:

I am not a plumber so I can't compare boilers. Generally speaking the more you pay then the better you get. My local firm only installs Worcester Bosch on the grounds of reliability and good backup service in the event that a Worcester Bosch technician needs to be called out. Worcester Bosch has been offering a 5 year guarantee recently, but I don't know whether the offer is still on. They must be confident in their boilers to do that.

They have a time delay virus built in so that they pack up after 5 years and one day:-)
Seriously though, WB are known as good boilers.
Adam
"Mark" wrote:

There are several plumbers forums, Google found http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/ and several others. Might be worth asking there.

Personally, and i do this for a living, id fit the Baxi out of the two you mention.
They are nice and straightforward to service and parts are easily avalible, all in all a good middle of the road boiler with good spares availability and technical backup.
Worcester Bosch are loads better but cost loads more, Roll`s Royce of boilers - if it was my house and i was staying there for a few years id stretch the extra cash and fit one of these.
If your moving soonish or moneys tight fit the Alpha
hope that helps
Richard

Well I took your advice and joined a couple of plumbing forums. I think I'm the only one in there, a bit slow!
mark