What is the typical hourly rate for a gardener

I am looking at getting a gardener to do ongoing weekly maintenance - ie. cut grass, etc....
Wondered what people's experiences are... and what the typical hourly rate might be. I live in Weybridge in Surrey. I am guessing 15 to 20 per hour.
Nick.
Anyone interested in a sweepstake to guess the number of applicants(to the nearest 100)?
"Nick Dawson" wrote:

That's similar to what self-employed gardeners charge in my area (south-east Kent).
On Mon, 8 May 2006 05:06:00 +0100, "Nick Dawson"
.. >I am looking at getting a gardener to do ongoing weekly maintenance - ie. .. >cut grass, etc.... .. > .. >Wondered what people's experiences are... and what the typical hourly rate .. >might be. I live in Weybridge in Surrey. I am guessing 15 to 20 per .. >hour. .. > .. >Nick. .. >
They have just had this discussion in uk.rec.gardening ....
Mike P