What cable is used for Central Heating Wiring?

I'm going to wiring up the various components (Timer, mid-port valve, room & cylinder stat, boiler, pump) of a 'Y' plan Cenrtal heating system soon.

I actually know the wiring diagram and what connects to what, but can't seem to find any guidance as to the best cable type to use, and would welcome guidance as what amp cable to use and how many core.

Would also appreciate some help for what colour cables connect to each particular terminal of each component , is there a set standard for this etc?

Thanks a lot

--------

Reply to
NoOne

The wiring diagram is at

You will need .75mm or 1.0mm heat resistant flex for the connections to the boiler and pump. The valve will come with the flex already attatched. You would normally use 1mm T&E and/or 3 core and earth mains PVC cable for connections between the programmer and the wiring harness.

The colour scheme is up to you but you should sleeve any cables that are not already brown with sleeving to show that they are live. (eg if your cylinder stat needs no earth then you will have brown, blue and green/yellow cores in the heat resistant flex but all will be live and so need to be sleeved in brown.

I would draw a diagram and choose and label the colours before starting the work to make thing easier for fault finging of future replacements of parts.

HTH

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth