What are the regs regarding running mains cables next to copper pipes?

I'm thinking of minimum distance etc.

Reply to
clangers_snout

clangers snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wibbled on Wednesday 21 October 2009 19:19

25mm IIRC for a gas pipe. General good practise for water pipes - ie not next to a hot pipe (unless the cable is specified to cope).

I don't *think* there are any hard and fast rules other than gas. Ask yourself - will the cable suffer, either due to temperature, being clobbered accessing a pipe fitting and so on...

Reply to
Tim W

Nothing in the OSG, at least for 16th. I looked carefully because I ran some heating pipes through the understairs cupboard (same place as the CU). I boxed it all in in ply, just in case anything sprang a leak. I had one cable close to a pipe, so I stuck a crossover to let me fit enough insulation in.

Reply to
Airsource Ltd