water, water, everywhere...

well, not exactly everywhere, but... came home from a dogwalk yesterday and there was about half a bucket of clean water spread across the bathroom floor from the toilet bowl. The floor mat was soaked, and I cleaned up the rest with an old towel. Then I began looking for the source of the 'leak'. But no leaks on any couplings, tap fittings, rad valves, close-coupled joints, wastes, overflows... nada. And the room is bone dry today. So where did the water come from? Any thoughts? Gilbert

Reply to
gilbert

This happened to my Mum. I went across and did some investigating. The problem was soon found to be in the cistern. On the infill pipe there is a part on the top that directs the water downwards to the cistern bottom. This had 'blown off' presumably due to an airlock that was forced out on flushing. Instead of the water going downwards, it was hitting the underside of the cistern lid and going down the back of the cistern and onto the floor. I found the part in the bottom of the cistern, reattached it and to make sure it didn't happen again I secured it with a couple of cable ties. Problem solved. This may not be your problem but it's worth a look.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Yes, definitely similar. After some experimenting I suspect that the siphon stuck open after a flush (my wife used it just as we were going out) and the closet keep filling/emptying for a couple of hours or so. At some point the plastic flexi feed pipe from the entry valve must have flicked up and squished water out of the top of the cistern. The water pressure is very high so I'll adjust it accordingly. Weird. Gilbert

Reply to
gilbert

Reply to
Franko