Water Heater Removal

Hello;
I have bought an old house and have just had central heating and a combi boiler fitted.
In my old kitchen is an old water heater / boiler the kind that sits over the sink and used to be used for washing up etc.
As this boiler is now redundant I would like to remove it, electrics are no problem as it simply plugs in, however the plumbing is.
Can anyone point me to a web site detailing such things as blanking off old water pipes?
Many thanks
Bill H

Hi Bill
By the words "old water pipes" I assume that you mean redundant water pipes and are not old implying imperial sized or lead pipe.
The typical stopends needed to cap off the water supply to electric water heaters are usually 15mm compression or solder ends such as. http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 0123&ts523&idh138 or http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 0122&ts580&id262
You can also use (at a push) with no pun intended the push fit stopends as a good temporary measure http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 0985&ts775&id329 If the pipes are buried in the wall things can get a little harder to sort out properly but it sounds like you may be fitting a new kitchen soon anyway and could overcome this scenario later.
Adam