Water conditioners

Hi,

Has anyone used these??

Do they work??

I am thinking of getting one but would just like to know if they do what they claim.

Thanks.

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel

Nigel,

You read my mind! I've been thinking the same thing, except I was trying to work out the differences between the following 3 products...

They all claim to the be the best, they all do (practically) the same thing.. the only differences are the prices!! And now with your link to Water Imp, that's four to choose from!! Although I'm glad to see the Imp is only £95!!

So has anyone used ANY of these products before?!?! _____________________________ The Grim Reaper

Reply to
The Grim Reaper

Not in the way the sellers make out. It's the latest snake-oil sale. A £2 box of simple electronics sold for vast prices. Nearest thing to printing your own money.

Do they work? Yes in a very temporary way on water immediately passing through them and in a short run of pipework immediately after.

The only real use for them in in the domestic hot water mains input to a combi boiler, immediately under the boiler. The water goes straight from the thing through the heater and out the tap.

There is no residual effect for long remaining in the pipes.

You could liken it to those drinks carbonisers of a few years ago where you could pressure CO2 water and add a flavouring to make a drink. If you put the drink down for half an hour, it was just flat water again.

Reply to
EricP

Yes they work brilliantly for the manufacturer. He put £2 worth of electronics in a box, sells for £95 and makes £93 profit.

As for the end user their wallet is brilliantly releived of £95 and they feel it must make a difference as it was very expensive.

Only things that properly reduce scale as ion-exhange water softners, some phosphate dosing systems and reverse osmosis.

Reply to
Ian_m