Waste pipes

I'm about to rejig the waste pipes in the bathroom, and I had assumed that 40mm and 32mm were direct replacements for 1 1/2" and 1 1/4". But one fitting I've got says on it 11/2" (38mm) The existing wastes for the bath and basin are grey. Am I going to have compatibility problems? If so, I'd like to know before I take anything apart.
TIA Steve

It seems to me that even if you use the same nominal size, you'll have potential problems if you don't use the same make. They don't fit one another. Colour is not the issue, but the make is. Look for the maker's name on the fittings that are already installed and get the same.
Rob Graham

Another warning -- pushfit and solvent weld are slightly different sizes too.
--
Andrew Gabriel
writes:

I got round this on 32mm and 40mm wastes by using compression adaptors from B&Q. Typically not cheap, but certainly cost effective.