Washing Machine outlet leak

Hi all. Just had a new washing machine delivered. Problem is, when the machine drains, the outlet pipe "blows-back" and I get a wet floor. I pushed the flexible drain pipe all the way down and have a U-shaped holder, but it still leaks. Can anyone suggest a fix? Thnx tro

1 Check the waste pipe isn't blocked - even partially. Maybe pour water into it from a bucket to see how fast it will flow away.
2 Check the washing m/c handbook for req'd height of waste & u-bend. Sounds like the height for your former m/c may have been different...?
3 Make sure you aren't pushing the drain pipe too far into the waste pipe. I would expect drain-pipe to have a U-clamp thingy to prevent this happening.
--
Martin

[Remove barrier to reply]
"Tro.Jan" wrote:

Was there a previous washing machine pumping out to the outlet drain and not blowing back? If not, and this is the first time this has happened, then it sounds like the drain is blocked somewhere along its route. Is the distance of the U-shaped holder from the floor as recommended in the installation instructions?