Washing machine help

Our old Zanussi washing machine isn't turning. It fills and empties at correct time, but the drum doesn't move. However, the drum turns freely and the motor is getting voltage and will turn if the belt is off. Would worn out carbon motor brushes do this? What else should I look at?

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions

Duncan

Reply to
Duncan

Paul Saunders

Thanks to all who posted & e-mailed answers. Brushes are so worn there's metal showing through the carbon!

Duncan

Reply to
Duncan

found this site to be really good fro washing machines

Ian Hooksem