washer for outside tap

I have a dripping tap outside,I have tightened as far as will go so what size of tap washer do I need,video on utube showed me what to do,dont want to disconnect till I have washer to put on right away.

Reply to
itsnaeme

If it is a 'standard' tap then a standard half inch washer. Your local DIY shed will sell you a small pack with a mixture of sizes.

For those that don't know BSP or British Standard Pipethread is universal worldwide so no matter where you obtained the tap or its size it should have one of about three or four washer sizes in it.

Reply to
Woody