Warm shaver socket in bathroom

Noticed that the shaver socket is warm, hasn't been used for 18 months. Should it concern me or is it that it contains some transforner which sometimes gets warm?

It will contain a transformer but I have never felt them get warm before.
I would turn the power off and have a look behind the socket for loose connections.
Adam
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:47:39 GMT, "ARWadsworth"

Stick the connections in a choc box connector to disable them as its not used??

Brilliant.
Adam
Mine has been just perceptibly warm for ten years.
| Noticed that the shaver socket is warm, hasn't been used for 18 months. | Should it concern me or is it that it contains some transforner which | sometimes gets warm? | |

So you are the cause of global warming:-)

For some years, the shutters on the sockets operate a switch which switches off the transformer when there's no plug in the socket. Older ones might not, or the switch has got stuck on in yours.
--
Andrew Gabriel