wallpaper over painted lining paper

Hi
If I put lining paper on the walls and emulsion it, for a temporary 'clean-up' can I later hang wallpaper straight on and get a good adhesion ? - any technique recommended maybe sizing ?
MTIA Steve
Recommendation is usually to hang lining paper horizontally instead or vertically if you're going to paper over the top, That way you never have any joins over joins.

Thanks, but yes I know that, that isnt the question.

I've done that often and without sizing. It works fine Steve you should have no problems. For your information you can even wallpaper directly over painted hardboard with excellent results too.
OK, Cheers Bob