Wallpaper match - Finding a roll or two of a specific wallpaper (2023 Update)

I really could do with finding a roll or two of this, or a very similar wallpaper.

It's a textured paper, originally unpainted of course.

I have no idea how old it is, I reckon about 20 yrs at most, maybe only 5.

I have a damaged section on my landing, which I need to replace. I don't have the time, money or inclination to redecorate the hall stairs and landing at the moment! Too busy struggling with the bathroom!

Cheers

Al

Reply to
Al

Finding a roll or two of a specific wallpaper, or a very similar one, can be a tricky task. Since you have a damaged section of wallpaper on your landing that you need to replace, and you're not looking to redecorate the entire hall, stairs, and landing at the moment, you'll need to find a match for the existing wallpaper.

One strategy you can use is to take a close-up photo of the damaged section and compare it to different samples of wallpaper. You can also use a general image search or a specialized wallpaper identifier app, such as

  1. Google Image Search
  2. THE GRAHAM & BROWN APP
  3. Wallpaper Wizard
  4. Pic2Wall
  5. Tapet

to upload a photo of the wallpaper and receive a list of similar patterns.

Since the wallpaper is textured and originally unpainted, look for patterns with similar texture and unpainted finish. Additionally, since you're not sure of the age of the wallpaper, consider looking for patterns that have been around for a while and are still in production, as they are more likely to be available.

Consider trying different variations of the pattern, such as reversing the colors or changing the orientation, to create a unique look. And always consult professionals if you need more help.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor