Wall mounted gas fire

I have asked for help over fitting a wall mounted gas fire with a balanced flue in my living room, and I'm now back for more help.
I had my local "gas safe" fitter in to inspect the wall and the gas source.
The wall I want to fit the fire is on the same wall as the gas meter but 6 metres away. There is no problem with that he said, but the problem is in venting the fumes away from the fire.
At the back of the wall, where I want the fire fitted, is the garage. So the vent pipe would need to make a nintey degree bend and go up through the garage roof. He said this can't be done because none of the fire manufacturers make a venting kit to suit this problem.
This does strike me as very strange, and I did wonder if maybe this is a job that is not too his liking, thus his advice.
Has anyone on this NG any advice or information that would help me in this situation?
A search on Google came up with lots of ninety degree balanced flue bends, but whether or not they would be suitable I just don't know.
Peter
--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far

few that quoted a max flue length of around 4m. I assumed these would be fan assisted and guess they would be possibles for this installation.
The advice to check manufacturers' installation instructions is sound as they quote chapter and verse (with helpful diagrams) on where and where not their products and their flues can be installed.
O/p needs to search for long flued gas fires (details probably mentioning fan assisted balanced/room-sealed flues), download the installation instructions and look for installation scenarios that match your situation.
Once you get to a shortlist, feel free to post back with fire makes and models with links to installation instructions and with some pics of your outside wall/garage posted on http://tinpic.com to get more advice.
--
fred
FIVE TV's superbright logo - not the DOG's, it's bollocks