Virgo Home Improvements - Bradford Poor Sales technique, and really Quite rude!!

I live in Kirklees, I had one of this companies sales reps round the other night to quote for soffit replacements, after doorstepping my missus and getting her to agree to an appointment. I didn't mind really, we have been thinking about it for a while. My God it was like stepping back in time to the seventies, a scene from Life on Mars none the less!!!

The salesman didn't shut up, insisted on doing all of his "patter" and showing us his demonstration model. He was pretty unkempt, I know it was a warm day and he's probably been on the road all day, but my dad used to be a sales manager and he wouldn't dream of turning up for an appointment looking like he'd just run ten miles!

Don't get me wrong he was a nice guy, genuine but misguided. Badly trained really I guess. Shame as the product seemed to be quite good. Though not really the leaps and bounds ahead of the competition he claimed it was (repeatedly)

My three main complaints?

1/ He gave me two prices, one valid only immediately, now sign on the line and it's yours guvnor. The other for 12 months from tomorrow which was some £600 quid dearer. (The quote for now was £1644 for 12m soffits, drain pipes etc. seems reasonable to me in fairness) Talk about old school high pressure sales technique!

2/ He refused point blank to let me have a written quote. How mad is that!?!

3/ My chief irritation? His sales team rang up tonight to ask how our appointment went, (actually I recognised the voice I think, I suspect it was our Man from life on Mars!) When I proceeded to tell the guy on the other end of the phone just how poor I thought the salesman had been he put the phone down on me. I then phoned their free phone sales line to complain at this rude behaviour and they told me to "go away" and put the phone down again!

Now I'm generally fairly calm and don't get worked up about this sort of thing so I'll leave it there now.

However, I thought it only fair to let people know that in my opinion Virgo Home Improvements of Bradford BD4 7BJ are a company which uses high pressure sales techniques and employ rude staff. I wouldn't mind but they phoned me to ask how the appointment had gone!!!!

Anyway, I've got it off my chest now. If you live in the West Yorkshire area and need new soffits doing, I can't recommend Virgo Home Improvements. Ultimately it's your money of course, but they won't be getting any of mine!

Thanks for reading my rant

Al

Reply to
Al

So DIY

I DIYed about 7 metres of guttering and one fall pipe for about £60 a couple of weeks ago.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth