Victorian house

My daughter has purchased a victorian type house. There are patches on the wall where the plaster has come away revealing that it is lath and plaster, Any tips on recifying this please. It has Upvc windows and frames which are nearly black with dirt.Can anyone suggest something - I thought about thinners on a rag? All suggestions welcome. Alan

Get proper cleaning cream or gloss paint the windows. Gloss bonds with the plastic and not just a covering.

http://tinyurl.com/f27ql
http://tinyurl.com/j3bv7
I use these and have found them pretty good.