Varnish and paint saving tip

I have just opened a quarter full tin of varnish that had not been used for about two years. It was perfect inside and had no skin. I then remembered that when I last used it I had just been given the tip of filling the tin with gas before putting the lid on. Try it, it really works. All you need is a gas blowtorch to spray some gas into the tin of varnish or paint and chase out all the oxygen before putting the lid on. Don't light the torch of course!
Mike

Are you skint for a can of varnish?
Mr Pounder

Waste not, want not.
| >I have just opened a quarter full tin of varnish that had not been used for | >about two years. It was perfect inside and had no skin. I then remembered | >that when I last used it I had just been given the tip of filling the tin | >with gas before putting the lid on. | > Try it, it really works. | > All you need is a gas blowtorch to spray some gas into the tin of varnish | > or paint and chase out all the oxygen before putting the lid on. | > Don't light the torch of course! | > | > Mike | | Are you skint for a can of varnish? | | Mr Pounder | > | > | |
Stickems. wrote:

And it's annoying having to go out and buy a new can of paint when you've still got it left over from the last job. If it's still good you can save time AND money, and get straight on with the job. That's a lot smarter than chucking half filled tins of ruined paint into landfills.
A L P

No but I am from Yorkshire :-)
Mike

I have tried that, the problem I found was that when I opened the tin the skin was under the paint and got broken up and mixed in as slumps when I stirred it.
Mike