Using drain cleaner/acid in a sink

I've got some high-strength sulphuric acid that's sold as draincleaner, is it safe to put down a semi-blocked porcelain sink that has a plastic waste-pipe?
What's the procedure for doing this? I am aware that it's not clever to mix this stuff with water.
Should I just stop being lazy and take the trap off and clean it by hand instead?

IMO, if you have to ask, don't use the acid.
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1215950-overview http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1291706/Grandmother-left-horrific-facial-burns-household-drain-cleaner-explodes-face.html
This may be an option: http://greenlivingideas.com/topics/eco-home-living/housecleaning/homemade-drain-cleaner
HTH
On 31/07/2010 16:12, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

Without any doubt, take the trap off. It's only a few minutes' work.
Rob Graham