up-and-over garage door - what to lubricate with?

Just had canopy up&over garage door fitted. Want to know how best to keep it lubricated.

Fitters say I should use WD40; manufacturer's details say I should use "a light oil such as 3-in-1"; but the running tracks and the big spring thing along the top on the inside seem to me to be crying out for lithium grease.

Anyone help with their experience as what's best? Thanks.

Reply to
JimKenny

I was told to use WD40 on the screw drive.

I use a heavy grease on pivot, etc.

Cojack

Reply to
Colin Jackson