Understanding ECO Grants

Energy Company Obligation (ECO) is a stupendous initiative by the UK govern ment to reduce the country’s carbon emissions and at the same time help the residents upgrade their gas heating boilers. There are millions of households throughout the UK that are still using old, out-dated heating b oilers that produce less heat but put tremendous burden on users in the for m of energy bills.
The ECO initiative is here to change all this, under this scheme people on certain government benefits can now enjoy boiler replacement entirely free and in some cases partially free. And as boiler replacement is quiet costly , the ECO scheme has gathered a lot of attention and a positive response.
Attributes of ECO
The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) that took over from CESP and CERT in ea rly 2013 requires the big six energy suppliers, to help householders become more energy efficient – an investment of almost £1.3bn is exp ected to be made by energy companies. The ECO scheme is primarily focussed on helping low income consumers and th ose living in low fuel areas. The areas that are covered by the ECO grant i nclude: period homes, blocks of flats or any brick built home without a cav ity, or very small cavity.
Key components of ECO: Affordable Warmth Obligation: The affordable warmth obligation provides hea ting and hot water saving measures, insulation, glazing to low-income and v ulnerable households. Call us on 08000-786-085 to check whether you may be eligible for the affordable warmth obligation. Carbon Saving Obligation:This provides funding to insulate solid-walled pro perties (internal and external wall insulation) and those with ‘har d-to-treat’ cavity walls. Carbon Saving Communities Obligation This provides insulation and glazing m easures to people living in the UK’s most deprived areas.
What is the Qualifying Criteria for ECO?
You must own your property or rent it privately and have the owner’ s permission to do the work.
You must also get one of the following benefits:
Pension Credit Child Tax Credit (and your income is £16,010 or less) Working Tax Credit (and your income is £16,010 or less) Income Support income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance income-related Employment and Support Allowance Universal Credit (and you earned £1,250 or less after tax in any asses sment period in the last 12 months) Extra conditions
For certain benefits, one of the following must also apply:
You get Child Tax Credit and your child’s disabled You get Disabled Child Premium You get Disability Premium You get Pensioner Premium You receive a work-related activity or support component – if you ’re claiming income-related Employment and Support Allowance You are 60 or over – if you’re claiming Working Tax Credit You get a limited capability for work or work-related activity element ? ?? if you’re claiming Universal Credit You get Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment ? ? if you’re claiming Universal Credit
So there you have all the qualifying details you need to get a new boiler t o beat the chills this year. Once you meet the qualifying criteria Domestic & General Heating will talk you through the whole process, starting from a free survey of your property which is carried out by our surveyors for fre e. Later, our engineers who are all on Gas Safe Register will begin the ins tallation process by replacing your old boiler with a new and more efficien t heating system.
What Happens if You do not meet the Qualifying Criteria?
Not everyone can be lucky enough to qualify for this scheme, for them there is still hope, as we at the Domestic & General Heating have boiler finance plans which can help you get a boiler without having to pay upfront. You c an choose a monthly payment plan while enjoying a warm living due to an eff icient boiler. You can get further information about our payments plan here
What are the Benefits of availing an ECO Grant?
On meeting the qualifying criteria you will have a boiler installed with ne w heating controls A-rated boilers are installed under this scheme, e.g- Baxi Boilers, Vaillan t Boilers and Worcester Boilers ECO grants would help save £300 yearly A-Rated boilers increase efficiency and decrease bills Save £130 – £450 annually Cavity wall insulation: save between £100 and £140 annually New Loft insulation: saves £140-£180 yearly With so much to offer, this scheme has something for everyone. We have a da tabase of information regarding ECO eligibility criteria which you can visi t on https://www.dgheating.org.uk/eco-grants-free-boiler/
What Type of a Boiler should you prefer?
While almost all gas heating boilers are covered in ECO grants, currently t he Combination (combi) boilers are a major hit and everyone’s first choice. Combi boilers are easy to install and take little space and they can also be hanged on a wall which makes them an excellent choice. If you h ave a small family and a medium sized residence then this is the boiler you need to get.
A combi boiler is simultaneously a high-efficiency water heater and a centr al heating boiler, hence justifying its name (combination). No separate hot water cylinder is required, offering space saving within the property.
Benefits
Provides limitless hot water on demand. Can be an economical option, as combi boilers only heat the water you use. A great space-saving solution with no need for a separate cold water tank o r hot water cylinder. Installation may be quicker as there are fewer parts in a combi central hea ting system.
Different models of combi boilers are present on our website from where you can choose anyone and let us know. Our gas heating installers can also hel p you make a choice regarding which type of boiler suits you best.
We offer 1-year of aftercare on our boilers, so don’t worry about t he new boiler installation as we will cover you for a year and service the boiler. One thing to remember is that you need to get your boilers serviced every year to keep them in working condition.
So, if you want heating advice, installation, maintenance or repairing, Dom estic & General Heating is the company to contact. We strive to make your w inters warmer.
Best boiler for your house
The performance of a boiler greatly depends on the size of the house and yo ur heating/hot water needs. The best boiler for a one-bedroom flat will not necessarily be the same as the best boiler for a three bedroom, detached h ouse. Here is a comparison between the best boilers for small, medium and l arge properties. For more information Visiti https://www.dgheating.org.uk