UK Part P

I asked this in Alt.EE without success, on refelection this may be the more appropriate group.
I notice a lot of new instruments are now quoting 'Part P compliance'. Does this mean we need to renew all our test gear or is it just marketing hype? I shall be well peed off if my CM500 (18mnth old and 700+) is now redundant. Thanks Jb

more
Does
redundant.
The only CM500 I know of it the multi function tester with memory. (Megger, ELI etc) There is no reason to change it for what will be an an idential model. I have not been looking at new instruments recently so I have not seen any such stickers/labels but the NICEIC are quite happy with my 5 year old Robin test instruments.
Adam

There are no different requirements for Part P than for 16th Edition.
AFAIAA the CM500 is compliant with the requirements.
HTH
Trev.
Most sparks don't do the proper tests anyway - tis a money grabbing scam.

more
hype?

You cannot get away without doing the tests if a certificate is required.
Adam