Twin & earth pre-harmonised

Screwfix and Toolstation only seem to be selling harmonised now. Any advice folks on best place to get pre-harmonised?
From somebody with pre-menstrual tension ???.

advice
Use the new colours and stick an appropiate label on the consumer unit.

advice
Believe some manufacturers looking to retain in range, as some NHS Building Suveyors advise new colours not permitted within their installations.
See http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CA2dot5G.html

They're expensive !!!!!!
NHS Estates, not NHBC who have no influence in matter. However its size of NHS's estate and requirement for old colours that should keep available for a bit longer yet, until some EU android gets his nose involved!!

The link says nothing about the NHS. They will of course have a problem when only the new colours are available from April 2006.
Did you mean NHBC?
Adam
PS Part P is not relevant to a hospital (NHS) as it is not a domestic installation

I suspect he did mean NHS. A number of large companies and institutions like hospitals have banned the use of the new colours in their premises. Manufacturers will continue manufacturing whatever colours people are prepared to buy.
--
Andrew Gabriel

writes:

Except for us mortals.
What happens after April 2006. Assume an NICEIC firm works on a hospital do they use the old colours and make a note of it on the certificate that they issue?
Adam

Thanks Gel, I might give them a try.

Why do you need pre-harmonised?
Adam
ARWadsworth wrote:

To pretend the work was done before the regs changed...? Just a wild guess.

If so, not a big problem as new colours were around a few months before the new regs came in.
--
fred

That's probably not a bad wild guess, Gilbert.

That's an interesting point, Fred. The wisdom on this NG has always been to stock up on old stuff. I can't now remember the timescales so do others agree with Fred?
yes; the Harmonisation and PArt P Regs should have started at same time but PArt P was postponed

Nonetheless using the old colours is likely to cause less suspicion in the case of a casual inspection. Most of the cable I have seen is date stamped - regardless of colours used.
James

Homebase still have loads of old stock
--
Vass

OK, who is going to put me out of my misery? This is the first I have heard of new colours (I don't get out much) and a Google search has shown me the colours but nothing to tell me which colour is which (i.e. L, N and E). Incidentally I noticed in the process of searching that RS Components ( www.rsww.com ) appear to have red/black for sale as well as the new colours.
--
Keith Willcocks
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:36:27 +0000 (UTC), "Keith Willcocks"

http://www.iee.org/Publish/WireRegs/cablecolfaq.cfm#Q1
tells it like it is / was / will be ...
-- Jim "a single species has come to dominate ... reproducing at bacterial levels, almost as an infectious plague envelops its host" http://tinyurl.com/c88xs
see http://www.niceic.org.uk/downloads/WiringSupp.pdf